Cherry picked Planet Reprap - A RepRap blog aggregator

November 24, 2014

New reprap images on Photobucket

IMG_1863_zpsc1e66b30.jpg

IMG_1863_zpsc1e66b30.jpg
IMG_1863_zpsc1e66b30.jpg

Mendelmax 2.0 tweaking and adjusting

by turnymom at November 24, 2014 07:12 PM

Thingiverse - Newest Things

Big Hero 6 - Hiro's Microbots


My son(and so am I) is fascinated with this movie. So I try to model and build anything related to it. This is my attempt to model a Hiro's microbot. I modeled it with FreeCad, so also I've uploaded the fcstd file.

by ederosa at November 24, 2014 05:11 PM

a box thats that


a box thats that just testin' this thing i'll upload more

by vivekbn at November 24, 2014 05:09 PM

Thingiverse - Newest Derivatives

Real 4 colors Flappy Bird


Print scaled at 50%.
Printed with 4 ways Flux capacitor

by Immaginaecrea at November 24, 2014 02:32 PM

Tony's Blog

Proton Pack build continued



Over the weekend I printed out the Proton Pack motherboard onto A1 paper. This allowed me to accurately position the holes. Each part of the PP has several mounting holes underneath, and I am using #4 x 19mm self tappers to fasten the individual parts. It's starting to look pretty good:

by Tony (noreply@blogger.com) at November 24, 2014 09:22 AM

November 23, 2014

RepStrap.dk

Putting bits and pieces together

At FabLab with plenty of time and space. Let's see what I can throw together.

X Idler Assembly:

Requires 2x624 ball bearings, which are 13x5x4mm. My own are much bigger, FabLab has some that are 13x6x5. Also need two linear bearings LM8UU - they should be 15mm wide and 24mm long, but the chamber for them measures 26x19mm, not exactly a snug fit.
The normal place for bolts and nuts didn't have the M3 20mm I need a lot of, but I got help to find the secret stash. Now I have plenty.

X Motor Assembly

Missing polypropylene strips, will leave the clamps open for now.

I realize now my motors aren't NEMA17, but some odd ducks recycled from elsewhere, maybe NEMA23-ish. Add to shopping list.

Don't have the 15 pin IDC either, nor 1.2m ribbon cable. Can't get very far on this right now.

Y Idler Assembly

Also missing the right ball bearings for this. Attaching screws.

Y Motor Assembly

Obviously don't have the motor. Got the M3x8mm screws

Y Carriage Assembly

No Dibond nor linear bearings yet. The bearing holders don't have nut traps in sturdy, I guess they take regular nuts with washers galore. Surprisingly not star washers. I added the bolts that I could, using 20mm in the anchors since I don't have 16mm at hand.

X Carriage Fan Assembly

Don't have a fan here. I might have one at home?

X Carriage Assembly

More missing linear bearings. Odd, there are M4 nut traps but no M4 nuts or bolts specified in either the BOM or the manual. Ah, those come later. Attached the pieces loosely for now.

PSU Assembly

Want to print this part of the manual in color to be sure I get the wires right. Plus, I'm missing the resistors.

Can't do the assembly of subassemblies meaningfully. All that's left to do today is the extruder connection PCB - yay soldering!

Things I may need to pay FabLab for

1662mm of 34 way ribbon cable.

Shopping list

8xLM8UU
4x624 bearings
4xNEMA17
15 way D IDC socket
M3 star washers
Polypropylene strip 501 x 25 x 0.5mm and 410 x 18 x 0.5mm
1 Dibond sheet 216x216x3mm
M3x16mm bolts
Fan 60mmx15mm (I think I have one at home)
THS15 Alu clad 10R
THS15 Alu clad 4R7
2 smooth rods 10mmx403mm
PCB bed 214x214mm
Glass sheet 214x202x2mm
4 hex male/female pillar M3x20mm
Polypropylene strip 278x33x0.5mm
Belt T5 6mmx680mm
Belt T5 6mmx905mm
Smooth rod 10x290mm
Smooth rod 10x432mm
2 brass nuts M8
2 smooth rods 10x336mm
2 threaded rod 8x296mm
1 micro SD card (no, I don't have any randomly lying around!)
MicroSD to USB adapter

by Lars Clausen (noreply@blogger.com) at November 23, 2014 03:37 PM

November 22, 2014

RepStrap.dk

Drilling and framing

Drilled all the holes in the MDF this afternoon. However, due to missing strange sizes of drill bits and plain oops, I drilled the following differently:

The 1.7 mm and 2.5 mm holes were drilled with 2mm
The 4 mm holes were drilled with 5mm by accident - I don't actually have a 3 mm wood drill, so the second drill bit is 5mm, not 4.
The 4.4 mm holes on frame_left are drilled with 5mm. I will need to use washers.

Also a piece of wood under the boards would probably have prevented a lot of flaking off. Especially the larger holes look pretty bad. Dammit.

Ah, fuckit. This will be the first, straight-forward, ugly version. I can do a fancy painted one later.

Drilled the last few holes with a correct underlay, and they were perfect.

The left and right stays are a little off vertically. I hope that doesn't warp anything.

Adding the ribbon clamp and cable holders required opening the model in OpenSCAD to see where what goes.

Skipping the bed fan assembly for now, since it's optional.

Can't do the X idler yet since I don't have linear bearings here. There were some at FabLab, so I'll take the bits there at next opportunity. Same for the X motor assembly and thus the Z axis.

Oh. All my small bolts and stuff is actually out at FabLab, too. I guess I'll just print the install instructions, sort out the printed parts, and bring them out next time I go there.

Skipping the heat shield since I'm starting out with PLA.

Skipping hot end and extruder motor since I have a Wade's extruder already assembled.

Holding off on the spool holder for now, can add it when I'm actually printing.

I will need to check carefully for any differences in electronics setup between dibond and sturdy rather than just expect the manual to apply directly. Don't want to try my Melzi electronics by mistake - that should only be done on purpose:)

Here's the frame, at least, front and back. You can see a few of the drill flakes on the back.



by Lars Clausen (noreply@blogger.com) at November 22, 2014 10:35 PM

November 21, 2014

Digitalw00t